Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Catch Up

I decided it was time to update a little.  For those of you who don't know we moved to Mapleton.  We love it here.  We've been here for about 3 months.  I have been called to be the Camp Director and Jason is the Ward Clerk.  I LOVE being the camp director!!!!!  I think I would go up to camp to scrub toilets if that's the only way I could be there, so I am super excited.  I think we are finally getting involved and have somewhat of a schedule.  I go to story time with Erick once a week, the girls start gymnastics this week, I start city league volleyball (I signed up as an individual and they'll put me on a team, kind of scary so wish me luck), and our new Stake has women's church basketball so that starts this week too!!!!!  Yeah for things on the calendar!  I think I'm going to start a dinner co-op with a group of mom's.  If you have any input on how one works or what works good or you're interested please comment!  We just got our computer fixed, so hopefully we'll be able to post pictures soon.

Oh, on a sidenote, I had a FABULOUS trip to the DI last week and made some fantastic purchases for, of course, super cheap.  I took a picture and I'll get it on here soon.

Oh, another sidenote, Holly if you're reading this I still can't see your blog.

5 comments:

Stueller said...

WOW... surprised you found great stuff at the DI (did you go to provo) seems like everything is WAY overpriced everytime I go LOL! I do a lunch group with a bunch of Mom's and we just each take a day... on that day we make the meal and print of the recipes to give to everyone and we switch every time, that way we get to try yummy new stuff and get recipes, we also bring the kids cause it's during the day and they run wild... not sure if that what you were thinking but that's how we do it!

Kristy said...

I'm in a dinner group and I absolutely love it! I think I have been in this group for 8 months or so, and it has been the best thing. So convenient and yummy! It helps if everyone in your group in super chill and not allergic or picky eaters. My first group was that way, and it was really hard to cook. If you have any questions, email me! kristy.haight@gmail.com Have fun!

Stueller said...

That fabric was from a seller on etsy.. I can email you the seller name if you want. But in Springville on 400 S. there is a quilting store called Corn wagon quilting store... they have the CUTEST fabric. I also heard that the quilt shop in Salem is way cute too... I'll have to look up the name of that one for you though.

Anonymous said...

You're a busy woman! Way to go Amy..you have always been a go-getter.

PenroseTribe said...

Can't wait to pics of Mapleton! I wish we had a DI here! I have to drive to Delaware to go to a Goodwill. It still fun to find the bargains! Keep us posted on how your dinner group goes! Love and miss you tons!!!