Thursday, November 13, 2008

We changed our minds

We changed our minds again and decided not to rent the Payson home. We loved that it was out in the farm country and only 20 minutes from Jason's work, but when we went to sign the contract and do the final walk through before we moved in it was dirty and gross. There was mold in the bathroom and we would have needed to replace the bathroom floor before we even moved in. It would have been a lot of work for just a 2 bedroom place. A friend called and found out about a place in Birdseye. That is on highway 89 on your way up to Provo. A nice lady wanted to rent out her basement. It is 2100 sq ft and the kitchen and great room have french doors that open up to a covered patio. It doesn't feel like your in the basement because the back of it is ground level. It's in the mountains and beautiful. The best thing of all is it was the same price as the Payson one and this has the utilites included. We got a deal! It has never been lived in and all the appliances are brand new. It has a fireplace, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, and a den. We are very excited about it. It's only 15-20 minutes from my mom and Jason's commute will be about 40 minutes. Aubree will be bussed in (hopefully if the school board approves it because we are 1 mile into Utah County) to Fairview Elementary. That will only be 15 minutes instead of the 40 minutes it would take to ride the bus to Spanish Fork Elementary. Everything is finally working out. I feel great about it all. I was very stressed when we were going to rent the Payson one, I guess I need to pay more attention to what the spirit is trying to tell me. Now I'm just excited!!! I hope all is well with everyone. I forgot the most ironic part of all: This house is right across the street from where I got into that bad car accident when I was pregnant with Aubree. Crazy.

9 comments:

Janille said...

I am excited for you guys! This sounds a lot better then the 2 bedroom home in Payson! How were you going to fit? Do you just want a country feel?

I hope everything works out!

Janille

Amanda J said...

It's good to hear everything is working out!

Taylor Fam said...

Hi Sweetie! I'm so glad that you found a great place to stay. It sounds better than a house! I can't wait to come and visit. Maybe a weekend after the holidays I can come a see you. I miss you but I'm glad that everything is starting to fall into place. I don't think going broke is the worst that could happen, but losing each other is. Love ya!
Lis

Nelson Family said...

It sounds like everything will be fine for you guys. That basement sounds like a mansion to me 2100 sq ft. Is Fairview Elemetary where Aubree started going to school already? Is Jason liking his new job?

Becky K. said...

Hope everything continues to work out for you. Good luck in Birdseye; you'll probably love it there.

Cashelle said...

That sounds awesome! We'll have to stop and visit sometime!!! Good luck!

The Woods People said...

Congrats on everything it looks like everything tends to work out in the long run. We still miss you all down here but we're glad everything is coming together after tough times.

The Meyers said...

Hi Amy, I'm so glad things are going well! You guys deserve the best! Kati

Cameron and Nonie said...

Hey Amy, I need your new address so I can send you a Christmas card. Email me or give me a call when you get a minute. noniecottam at hotmail dot com thanks!